Sunday, January 23, 2011

i played catch up with a friend last week.
friend: so you're pretty much doing the same then...
me: except i'm blonde. i eat meat. i live alone. and i have a new job. the only thing about me that's the same is that i'm not dating anyone inparticular at the moment, but i was not too long ago.
friend: but other than that you're the same.
me: sure.
"We are not the same persons this year as last; nor or those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person." - William Somerset Maugham

2 comments:

Emily said...

How did I miss this blog until now? Loved reading all the back posts (just found out you had a new job, too. Holy cow, I must not being paying attention on FB).
Love it and will be following you for sure!!

Craig Archer said...

You are wise for such a young person. I loved the quote. We change constantly but maybe not in noticeable ways until all the changes manifest themselves in a larger way. Loving that change can be a challenge.