Sunday, June 01, 2008

a prada dress has never broke my heart before

Today is not what I had anticipated. I should stop anticipating.

I did find a new book to read. I Was Told There'd Be Cake. Yup. I gave up on PS I Love You - again. I'm not in the mood for sad. I'm in the mood for satire and snarky.


I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley from Book Videos on Vimeo.


Later, I will go out to dinner with a friend and pre-sale shop at BBW. Then the busiest week of my not-college-life will ensue. Doubles everyday! Woop! And packing for Bonnaroooo. I can't wait. For serious.

I went to Starbucks earlier - to do payroll and read some of my new book. And a woman was breast feeding. I guess you're a woman when you have a baby, but she was probably my age. Maybe younger. The baby was adorable. But there she was (woman) sitting with her same age-ish (or younger) friend (who just found out she's pregnant) and her baby started to get fussy, so she whipped out some food from underneath her tank top and started feeding baby. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean, it's her chest. She can do what she wants with it. But she didn't have a blanket or anything, so she was just sharing it with everyone who came in and out of the store.

I understand the need to feed. I mean, I get cranky when I don't eat every couple of hours. I just think that one day, when I have kids, I will go to the bathroom or to my car or use a cover up. I'm not ashamed of my breasts, but they are mine. Not yours. My husband (one day) will also have some claim to them. And my newborn children. But I don't need to share them with strangers or the man who makes my coffee.

Just thought I'd share.

No comments: