Sunday, June 01, 2008

i've been learning to live without you now


... but I miss you sometimes.


These times are so uncertain. There's a yearning undefined and people filled with rage. We all need a little tenderness. How can love survive in such a graceless age? And the trust and self-assurance that lead to happiness are the very things we kill, I guess. Pride and competition can not fill these empty arms and the war they put between us, you know it doesn't keep us warm.

I've been trying to get down to the heart of the matter, but my will gets weak, and my thoughts seem to scatter... I think it's about forgiveness.

(India. Arie, The Heart of the Matter)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i haven't read you blog much recently, and i think it's b/c i miss you.
and it seems that i'll never actually get down to charleston again..it's been a year now...and i'm pissed about it...but it will come in time...i hope.
Do you know when you're coming up here again?