Sunday, June 22, 2008

i guess it's not the way you always planned it


hello. it's me again. it's three days now that you've been in my dreams. and i don't know, i guess you've just been on my mind.

This is the Mr. and Mrs. Linda picture.

Linda was from Portugal. She moved here with her husband Joe who is retired military. She would come in the store every morning and drink espresso (sometimes three or four shots). We bought these little cups for them. She gave my mom and I little porcelain roosters from Portugal. She was so funny and honest. She would tell me stories about her life and about how my life would be. She told me not to hurry to get married - to do everything I wanted to do and be everything I wanted to be. She told me I was beautiful - inside and out. She was very sick and had a stroke, so she was hard to understand, but was worth every word to listen hard. She was a great woman, a wise woman, a loving woman, a caring woman. She kept going into the hospital and we saw her less and less, but then they would show up and we would talk.

Friday her husband stopped in... I never got to say goodbye.

goodbye. i'll let you go. i'll get back to life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew what that was before reading it. I got little misty. Good people are rare, and they should be remembered. goodbye ms linda.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your friend,Erin. Hang in there and keep writing. You are good at it.jem