Friday, March 21, 2014

Recently, I attended Storyline Conference with Donald Miller (and many amazing other people) where I learned that if you're not loving the story of your life, then re-write it. Yep. Just change it.

Then, I found this insta pic from a while back that includes my "five core values" and I started to measure the things in my life by them. Is my job in line with them? Are my relationships in line with them? Are the things I fill my time with in line with these values?

I know I can change my story. I know these are five really important values. I'm trying to be courageous enough to do it - to change my story and live these values. I can change what I do and how I do it and who I do it with. I can change the way I speak to people - I want to speak life. I want to show love. I want to hold people closely. I want to live a life that Jesus would be proud of. 

That doesn't mean I'm not going to eff up. I will probably still yell or cry or eat a whole pint of ice cream. But that's ok. It really is. Life is like that sometimes. But living it for something bigger than you really changes your direction and perspective. And, for the first time in awhile, I feel like it's all going to be ok rather than a giant weight sitting on my shoulders.

"Saying yes to happiness means learning to say no to people and things that stress you out." - Thelma Davis


No comments: