Sunday, March 09, 2014

Let's talk about California.

First of all, it is quite the hike. Three thousand miles and five hours in the sky. But it is most definitely one of my favorite places to be.

And after all that travel - what could possibly want more than a California Burrito? So that's what we did - walked around the Gas Lamp until we found the perfect, doors open, sunny spot to eat. There is nothing better than Mexican food in California. And for those of you haven't had that luxury - you should know a California Burrito means carne asada, guacamole, onions and french fries rolled into edible goodness - and we washed it down with my first taste of Horchata.

Fortunately, not the last taste of Mexican food we had during our stay, but some of the last bit of sunlight we enjoyed...

It rained the next 3.5 days we were in San Diego, but it didn't stop us from having an amazing time.

There was still coffee. And acai bowls. There were still walks around the Gas Lamp. There was still Coronado. There was still that time I walked across a submarine and down the hatch and into the torpedo room. There were still giggles and games and Law and Order SVU marathons. There was home cooking and eating out. There was fam jam time in Encinitas. There was not so much sneaking onto the train, but still fear of being kicked off.  There was the FARMER'S MARKET which I cannot say enough about - the almonds, the flowers, the samples, the rain, the peanut butter, the EVERYTHING. (Seriously, if you need one good reason to visit SoCal - the Farmer's Market selection might be it.) There were BBW sneak peeks and purchases. There were the beautiful beaches - the sand that doesn't stick to you. There were SEA LIONS. Arf. Arf. Arf. There was the beauty of the sun setting over the ocean. There was so.much.mexican.food. I can't even begin to describe the deliciousness. And oh em gee - the donuts! San Diego Donut Bar is a must.

But most importantly, there was friendship. My friend Megan and her husband Josh opened their home and lives to Nate and me. It is really such precious time we get to spend with the people who enhance our lives so much. I could imagine how crazy my head would be if I didn't have Megan to share all of it with. The beauty of her marriage and the love those two share inspires me to build my life with Nate. And I'm so glad the two of them (Nate and Megan) got to hang out and be friends! Two of my very favorite people in my very favorite city. They took me to "class" every morning and picked me up every afternoon. Such sweet care I was given.

What I'm hoping is one day I can create and offer the same hospitality and beautiful experiences to my friends when they come visit me in Sunny SoCal. I'd love to pay it forward.

For some pics from my trip - instagram!

For more true awesomeness about San Diego read here and here.

For more on my amazing Storyline experience... Check back soon!

No comments: