Saturday, July 27, 2013

Geez. You know what's hard? Life.

And you know who it's hard for? Errybody.

Yeah. Let's be honest, here. Life is hard for everyone. You know how I've come to that conclusion? I know a lot of people who know a lot of people and everyone's having problems. Financial issues. Relationship issues. Self issues. Job issues. Eating issues. Healthy issues. So, no, it's not just you. Welcome to the club.

What do we do in this club?

Take shit one day at a time.

Smile when you can. Cry when you need.

I've been thinking a lot about the stresses I feel and how I am in control of them. Will I/Should I always be able to control them? Not always. But I have the freedom to choose how I deal with things. I have the freedom to say yes or no. I have the freedom to over/under schedule myself. I have the freedom to change my course. I have the freedom to change my pattern of behavior. I have the freedom to be free from stress & guilt that I put on myself. I have the freedom to be released from these toxic holds over my mind, my heart, my body.

I've been continuing this soul detox devotion (faithfully this week) and was able to go back to yoga. And it's also been a chocolate eating week. It's been emotional. I'm learning how to meditate this upcoming week and it will be my first week without work email on my phone. This will probably also be emotional. (Sorry, Nate!)

But I'm gonna take this shit one day at a time.
(Except for the part that needs planning.)

Because, in the long run, we're all just learning and tumbling through these days - this life - together.

Speak uplifting words.
Speak truth.
Speak love.

And when you eff it up. Give yourself some grace.

That's my rambling for the week. xo.

1 comment:

nat986 said...

Apology accepted, apology unnecessary. I've been talking a lot lately about speaking love with Mr. DiMaria; it's an important way to show God. And how else can I do it with people I talk to every day: phone customers?! It's not like I can go out and buy them a cupcake because it's their birthday at the genius bar! It teaches me the value of words, because people still respond to me. When you start to see the value and the change around you after making a change within, that's when you know it's worthwhile. Look for those changes!

Some of us are more tumbling together than others. I'm glad I'm tumbling with you.

>.> *cue Culture Club* <.<