Friday, September 14, 2012

It's been awhile since I read something that truly inspired me. Weird because I read a lot. Magazines. Books. Blogs. They've all taken me so far and then dropped me off on the corner. The book I just read truly inspired me though. All the way.

Blogger Alyssa Shelasky (Apron Anxiety) is living the life I've only dreamt of - foodie writer in the city that never sleeps. In all honesty, it's not the life I see myself living, but it's one that I can fall deeply into and I can somewhat replicate while still living my own version of life. After finishing this book, my iPhone now holds a laundry list of ingredients to buy and photos of recipes I snapped straight out of it's pages. And first things first - when I get home, I'm baking muffins. Whole Wheat Flour. Butter. Blueberries. Raspberries. Muffins that would get me out of the worst of trouble - like a wrecked car. Maybe muffins will be how I make all of my future friends. Perhaps I'll never open my own bakery or become a professional blogger, but I will make sure that my friends and family are well fed and that my words are not lost on deaf ears, but ferociously typed onto the interwebs for memorializing.

So, now what? I need an Action Plan! Some SMART GOALS. Dear Readers, where do I begin? Where do I go from here? What are some of your favorite recipes? What are some of your favorite foodie books or blogs?

Share with me and I'll report back over glasses of wine and flour covered counters. Deal?

1 comment:

Craig Archer said...

You have your passion identified. There are innumerable paths you can now take. Relax, sit in the moment, clear your mind, and let your intuition tell you which way to go. It will tell you the truth. You will feel a ripple or a sense to go a certain direction. Don't let your rational mind dissuade you to to that way. Go