Tuesday, December 02, 2008

the simple truth is the best i guess

I have a lot of thoughts today. Some cannot even begin to be formed into actual sentences... Does that even make sense? I'm not sure it does.

I realized, the truth is that it's very easy to stop loving someone who has stopped loving you. (sidenote: I think that makes me even more amazed by God's inability to stop loving humans who constantly fail and ignore him...)

But I guess that (the ease of being able to stop loving someone) is only if you know what real love is... but it's all relative to how you view the world and truth. What do you base your life upon? Is your foundation solid or crumbly?

I'm glad I had something to land on...

I don't feel like any piece of me is missing anymore. I feel like more of me is showing. I am more myself now than I have been in the last year and a half.

So that's good.

Also, I feel so deeply for those people around me who are struggling. I cannot fix any of their problems. I can simply pray. And believe. That's frustrating. I'm a this is what's wrong and this is what we do to fix it sort of girl. Unfortunately, most of life's issues do not work in such a fashion.

In other news... I was proposed to today. This is not the first time this has happened this week.

First come (with platinum) first served.

I kid.

"You know me I’ve always been the kind with easy confidence. Confident enough to honestly believe that nothing out there is stopping me. Especially not someone who’s not loving me. Now, listen here, I told you I could live on without loving you. I was bluffing then, but it seems that just might have been the truth." - The Avett Brothers

I feel like this post is wishy washy. My apologies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I don't feel like any piece of me is missing anymore. I feel like more of me is showing."

I love that. Good words.

RachelAdelle said...

i wasn't proposed to. but some guy did profess his love for me. twice. and then told me to meet him out on the dance floor when i got off work.

it's because i gave him beer. little did he know, i was getting paid 12 bucks an hour to hand it over. so, gladly, i did...

his name was trip. something or other.

Bryon said...

Don't you love how perfectly songs can apply to your life? Love these lyrics. Good, honest, optimistic post.