Saturday, March 22, 2008

when it all comes down you're cycling trivialities

43things helps me get things done.
So does the little tiny list I make everyday.

I'm going to enjoy this weekend.
I'm not going to stress out. I'm going to get things done.
I'm going to put away all my laundry.
And I'm going to clean my house while the family is away.

I have a lot of books. Some I bought. Some were gifts.
Some I would like to read. Some I should read.
And I'm not so sure about the rest...

To read: (finish) The Geography of Bliss, PS I Love You, Good Omens, Stuart: A Life Backwards, Oh the Glory of it All, The Nasty Bits, Captivating (all the way through), Sacred Sex (because my Mom wants me to), Kite Runner, A Long Way Gone, Everything is Illuminated, Stranger Than Fiction, 1984, Beach Music, Harry Potters 1-6, Jarhead (maybe, but Joe is deploying so maybe not).

There are other books on my shelf, but not that I have the overwhelming desire or guilt to read. Oh, Through Painted Deserts, too. Because that belongs to Bob - Sorry, Bob.

But, yeah, so that's a lot of books. I need to get cracking.

I got a new job. I'll be working at Bath and Body Works to get some time away from Wholly Cow. Mostly so I don't have to pay myself - makes me feel bad. And then I can give others more hours that they want.

I miss Matt. I'm glad he gets to do Honor Guard and that he's taking classes, but I miss him. One day, we will live in the same city again and it will be great!

I want to take a hot yoga class. Anybody with me?

Interesting: http://betterme.org/cleansweep.html

Don't know which way to turn. Every trifle becoming big concerns. All this time you were chasing dreams, without knowing what you wanted them to mean.

1 comment:

Matt Maldre said...

Yes 43things is wonderful. In Chicago, we have a good support group that occasionally get together.

I've read Kite Runner and 1984. Both are good reads. Heh. Although I read 1984 in high school when we had a "open reading time" when we were supposed to read something--anything, so I picked up 1984. But instead of reading it from front to back, I hopped around the book speratically. And if Sacred Sex is anything like The Amazing Body Human, it'll be a great abook. (Amazing Body Human is in my top five fav books all-time).