Wednesday, March 12, 2008

don't let your soul get lonely child

It's only time, it will go by. Don't look for love in faces, places. It's in you, that's where you'll find kindness.

Growing up and moving on. Holding on and letting go. All these things require a delicate balance. Work. Home. Relationships. Hope. Expectation. Things aren't always as they seem or as you would like. Sometimes you have to continue forward in the direction of your life.

I realize this is all very vague, but these are all thoughts that have come to fruition over the past hour and a half of some good and frustrating conversation... I write about this a lot.

I mean, a lot of problems are with myself. Maybe I should stop allowing other people to affect me and I should build my wall up tall and strong again. Maybe I need less talk and more action. I don't know. I suppose I'll figure it out one day. Soon. I hope.

I'm not upset or mad. I'm just confused. Perhaps that's life as a twenty-something.

Don't lose your faith in me and I will try not to lose faith in you. Don't put your trust in walls 'cause walls will only crush you when they fall.

Be here now, here now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I relate to this entry alot, thanks for writing erin, i hope it comes to you soon too.

love, hatchling