Monday, April 09, 2012

In an effort to postone laundry, packing & cleaning for as long as possible, I've decided to write a blog post! I never regret the time I spend reading or writing blogs, but I may regret the procrastination. We shall see.

Wait. What? What am I packing for you ask? Oh hey, I'm traveling to the West Coast this week! I'll be in San Diego & Los Angeles starting Thursday and I'll make my triumphant return the following Wednesday. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Part of me doesn't want to leave and break up my routine - but to be honest, I don't have a routine at all right now, so I guess it will be just fine.

That's the exciting upcoming part of life.

What's been going on? Oh, a lot. More than I can possibly remember. More than I can possibly type. More than I can share in a public forum. Hi, world wide interwebs!

Yesterday was Easter. I went to church for the first time in ages. Isn't that terrible? At this moment in my life, I feel like a holiday church goer. But it was good. It was SO good. We talked about Courageous Love and things that aren't easy. And what do you do? And what do you deserve? What a Courageous Love we've been shown, but are we also up to the challenge?

Something to ponder.

I spent the day with my family. Both sides of it in one home! I played volleyball with my little sister and ate cheesy carbs and went on a hunt for some eggs. Today, I'm sore, bloated and sun burnt, but it was all completely worth it. Worth noting: I survived the tattoo debut of 2012. *phew*

Other things... Work has been challenging. I'm learning new things & integrating them into my old work flow. I have a lot of support from my leadership and a lot of support from my peers. It's amazing to see how we work together when we want. Really.

I haven't been to yoga or the gym in weeks. It's sad, but I'm not worried about it. Recently, I baked Avocado Poundcake, and two different kinds of oatmeal cookies - dark chocolate/craisin/walnut and coconut/butterscotch/cinnamon chip. It's coconut season to me now. I'm wearing it. I'm burning it. I'm drinking it. I'm eating it. It's love.

In headline news today, Facebook bought Instagram for $1 billion. No big deal. PS. RIP Instagram. I'm not being a Negative Nancy - I'm just being a realist - if only to save myself from certain sadness when Instagram bites it big time.

I was thinking about being vegan. That seems hard. I like challenges. That seems like a HUGE challenge. (Hi, Charles! I can see the disappointment in your face. Don't worry - I don't think I can go through with it.) Also, I'm baking bbq tofu right now with Slatherin' Brands sauce - the spicy one. This junk is delish - you must get your hands on a bottle of it.

Am I rambling now? I think I might be.

And now I'm super tired again - even though I took an almost 2 hour nap after work today.

Life is good. The people in it are good. Everything is good.

And for those of you who are experiencing way more challenges than I am right now, I am proud of you and grateful for your strength. It's these sorts of moments in our lives that let us know what we're truly capable of and what's worth it in the end. xo.

Also, it's ok to be Cranky Pants.

1 comment:

Charles Robinson said...

I like challenges, too, and I can make some delicious vegan food. :-) Honestly I have less of a problem with vegans than I do the people who are only dipping a foot into the vegetarian water.