Wednesday, June 15, 2011

an excerpt from my journal...
so, here goes - i'm doing this because i just started training for a half marathon. crazy pants, i know. anyway, one of the training books told me i should keep a journal to track my progress - Lord willing. i guess i'll fill in the back story. i have a crazy pants friend - Faith Adedokun - who i adore with my whole heart.... ok. so she texted me one day to ask if my crazy pants would run a half marathon with her crazy pants. well, i checked my schedule and i was free (don't act like it's nbd because i'm actually already booked for most of november...) so, i said, "ok. please don't let me die." or something to that effect. really i'm doing it (mostly because of Faith) but because i need a tangible goal in my life... right. real life doesn't have goals because it's real life - you reached all of your goals to get to adulthood and, well, now you're fucked. why? because you're single, living in a studio apartment with your fish and dead mint plant, wondering wtf you're supposed to do with the rest of your life, thinking about grad school while working for a kick ass company but not making enough money to justify turning on the air conditioning in SC summer, all while battling a caffeine addiction and asking yourself why beta fish can't pay rent, too. oy. ps. who would even pay my tuition? and that brings us to week two of half marathon* training (* here on referred to as 'crazy pants' or my personal hell).
any questions? xo.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

That whole "whoa, I'm fucked" feeling in your mid twenties can be scary as all hell. Know exactly how you feel. So does my homeboy Hemingway - "you're not a moron. You're simply a case of arrested development." - The Sun Also Rises.

Faith said...

you and me baby...you and me.