Saturday, April 11, 2009

you'll be the prince and i'll be the princess

I'm listening to the new Taylor Swift cd. Uncharacteristic, yes. I'm also reading Midnight Sun - the partial draft of the version of Twilight from Edward's point of view. Not so uncharacteristic at this point.

And the two combined make me realize that women have the same emotions from the time they're born until the day they die (I assume). At the very least, until the time they're 24 years old.

We all want to be loved and protected and desired. Forever. That's all.

That's all. (I'm chuckling to myself right now....)

That's the very premise of the book Captivating that I never finished. And it's not that I didn't believe the book, it's just that it is so very evident from the pieces of my life right now. If you put them together, it's right there. Obvious.

And maybe I'm the last person to notice and think this. Maybe I'm just slow to put my thoughts into words. Hmm.

Romeo, save me. I've been feeling so alone. I keep waiting for you, but you never come.

1 comment:

RachelAdelle said...

i realized that a while back. and it's true. love, forever. simple thing really...