Friday, January 02, 2009

come on skinny love

I was reading a blog earlier and they kept saying "Choose your Attitude." And for some reason that really hit me.

I guess so many times in my life I allow my circumstances to choose my attitude or my emotions and I stop being in charge. And I stop allowing the things that are important to matter. That's not how I want to live my life. No. Not at all!

And I suppose there is no better time than the new year to start focusing on that, huh?

beauty that moves:

There is so much that is beyond my control at the moment and it can be a scary thing if I allow it, but recently I remembered these words from my teacher... he said to me once that when things feel out of control and uncertain, the one thing we can always control is our attitude. We can choose to walk taller, breathe deeper, shift our mental focus. It's not easy, but it is within our power, always.

"Choose your attitude."

And so I have. In the face of the unknown, I remain focused and determined, hard working and truthful, and most importantly - kind and loving.

I told you to be patient. I told you to be fine. I told you to be balanced. I told you to be kind.

No comments: