Thursday, May 22, 2008

i lived it full and i lived it well...

I am a romantic. And I am idealistic. And I am a mess.

Disney, network television and film did not provoke this (though they often fuel it). I have been this way for a very long time. My mom and dad(s) told me I could be anything I wanted to be. That I deserved the best. That I could do anything I wanted to do. That I could have anything I wanted to have if I wanted it enough.

And everyday I'm a little closer to knowing what all those things are. I'm finding out by trial and error. My mistakes. Your mistakes. My successes. And yours. (Admittedly, also those of television and movie characters...) But they are all baby steps closer to who I want to be - to the life I would like to live.

I want my own happily ever after. I want to be extraordinary.

I want my future to be bigger than my past.

... as many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now. I'm ready now.

No comments: