Thursday, December 15, 2011

persistence: n. firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.


good example:

Man: May I take a moment of your time?
Me: Uh. Sure.
Man: I noticed you standing inside and you're very cute and I was wondering if you'd like to spend some time together?
Me: (lying) Oh, well, I don't think my boyfriend would like that.
Man: Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know.
Me: It's ok, but thanks for the offer.
Man: May I point out something else I noticed?
Me: Sure.
Man: You didn't say no.
Me: Oh... Well, no.
Man: Ok. I just had to try.

bad example:

Me: I have quite a few Top 5 Friday posts under my belt.

Roomie: Go, Erin!
Me: Maybe they'll make me famous and I'll become a professional blogger.
Roomie: You should!
Me: (whiny voice) But it's hard work. Like harder work than normal work. Meh.
Roomie: (laughs) Then don't do it!



Note: Persistence is NOT always the answer to getting what you want. 

No comments: