Sunday, December 25, 2011

Credits: I forgot. Kudos to someone else though!
Yeah, it's not Friday... Again. It's Sunday. It's CHRISTMAS! Ah! It doesn't really feel like Christmas for some reason. I'm excited for family, friends, poker, portable bar, presents and birthday celebrations - my little sister will be twelve! Wowza. I feel old.

Anyway, it was a rough week. I learned a lot. Mostly about myself. Sometimes life throws us curve balls. Sometimes you cry. Sometimes you get scared. Sometimes you run away. But other times you smile, stand up to the world and put yourself out there. You get to pick.

Many thanks to all of you who were thrown in the middle of my midweek crisis. Really. Thank you.

And while I was on my last seven days of self discovery, this is what I found on the interwebs. Enjoy!

1. This is a(nother) post from Donald Miller, but it's actually about a TED Talks. What's it about? The Power of Vulnerability. Whoa, right? It's sort of scary, but mostly true.

2. I like when people post about their home's interior design. This bedroom especially caught my eye. I hope I have a cute little home when I'm a newlywed.

3. Nutella is good for you. Clearly these cookies must be good for me. I see more baking in my future.

4. “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Alice Hoffman (via the wild & wily ways)

5. The end of the year/the beginning of a new one can be overwhelming. Here is a post about 5 simple things you can do to take care of yourself. Do these, then worry about being a perfectionist later.

6. IT'S A CRAZY TIME OF YEAR. "Press pause. Stop to enjoy. Breathe. Make yourself a peppermint mocha."

And if you're looking back on the last year, then check out Reverb 11. You can Google it and find others. It's definitely a more organic experience than Reverb 10 was last year, but it seems like everyone is enjoying it all the same.

Listening to: DMB - Christmas Song, Needtobreathe - More Time, Jay Clifford - Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, Radical Face - Welcome Home Son, Rise Against - Swing Life Away, Florence + The Machine - Only If For The Night. Oh and other things - join Spotify and check out my playlists!

Oh, Father up above, 
why in all this hatred do You fill me up with 
love, love, love?

No comments: