Sunday, August 31, 2008

you could never publish my love

"I don't want to meet anyone. I just want to be alone with my grandma... and her cat."

I watched In the Land of Women today - that movie with Adam Brody. I really got it because Meg Ryan was in it and I love her. Especially her hair in this movie, but that's not the point. The point is that I really enjoyed the movie.

It's sad and funny. I think it's realistic and too much at the same time. The music was good and I laughed out loud several times. It made me want to leave and do something. Anything. Anywhere. It also made me want to appreciate what I have in front of me, rather than what is behind me. And now I really want it to be cold, so I can wear sweaters and scarves.

Topher Grace meets Zach Braff in a Gilmore Girls sort of way. And, in the end, you most definitely want your own Carter Webb. Or Adam Brody. Whichever presents itself first.

"There's a big fucking world out there. It's messy, and it's chaotic, and it's never, it's never ever the thing you'd expect. It's ok to be scared but you cannot allow your fears to turn you into an asshole, not when it comes to the people that really love you, the people that need you."

In other news, I hung out at Alchemy with Amanda today and really remembered what it was like to hang out with friends and just be. I had that in Columbia - not so much here. But it was nice. And the couch was comfy and the coffee was good.

And I changed my message received ringtone. I could never hear 99 Red Balloons again and die okay with that. Oy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's sad. seeing how i gave you a shirt with 99 red balloons on it. it makes me cry a little.