Sunday, August 24, 2008

it was good as good goes

Wake up naked, drinking coffee, making plans to change the world while the world is changing us. It was good good love.

I avoided the rain three times today and spent four hours in coffee shops reading books and drinking lattes. Perspectives and Waiter Rant were my chosen reading material. Oddly, both of these books make me think about my future or lack thereof. I actually read half of Waiter Rant just today. (And for those of you who don't know me - that is an accomplishment as I hardly ever finish books at all...)

I also bought new music, entered business stuff into Quickbooks, baked brownies, watched an episode of I Love the Millenium, talked to Rachel and Tom and ate pizza with Kt and Akai. Most of the day was spent on my own. I am not unhappy. I do not know what I am, but it is not unhappy. And I think that is a big step forward in whatever direction it is that I am going.

And my room is coming together quite nicely. All the furniture is in it's right place and things are off the floor and pushed aside to give it a "clean" look despite the fact that nothing is where it belongs and I still have a lot of stuff to go through and get rid of... I'm not there right now, of course, so this will all take time. I'm living downtown for a few days and enjoying having my own space and puppies.

So, what to do with the rest of the day's afternoon? Hey, isn't it strange how we change everything we did? Did I do all that I could?

I have a pending date this week...? I think. I guess that's what you would call it. Dinner with a guy that I don't know very well, but that I think is nice. I suppose that's the definition. And it's pending only because we haven't picked a day yet.

And I am interviewing for a sales lead position at BBW tomorrow which will make me busier, but give me more money. That way I can afford Nola, New York and Morrocco. That and, you know, my car payment, IRA, cell phone and whatnot.

So, I guess this will be a big week for me.

And I can't wait for fall. For indian food and hoodies and reading on the water and pumpkin spice lattes. Pumpkin everything. And it's even more real because kids are back in school and I know the time is coming. It's funny because it makes me sad I'm not in college, but I'm glad at the same time. But I watch and listen to all these kids and want to tell them to stay exactly where they are, doing exactly what they want to do for as long as they want because real life is scary.

One day they will face the world and have to make decisions. They will have broken hearts and car payments in the real world. And it's not fun. Just stay where you are until you know where you are going.

I'm rambling now... Though I would like to know why guys dress the way they do now... with these tight designer jeans? Whatever happened to regular jeans and polos? Why does everything have to be so tight? And black. It's odd.

Remember we used to dance and everyone wanted to be you and me. I want to be too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that use to be my theme song. i think it's in a journal. a journal of sadness

-rachel

-A.J.- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.