Friday, November 11, 2011

Oh hey! TGIF. Am I right?

Yeah. I am. But only because I have the day off tomorrow! Hip hip hooray!

I am going to seriously sleep in. No alarm clock. I've been exhausted all week [life is keeping me on my toes], so I'm using this as my last attempt to get all the sleep I need.

Then I'll put gas in my car, go to the Farmer's Market, have some Starbucks, clean my room, run some errands, read some of my Steve book, watch some Felicity, paint my nails. It's gonna be good. Good.


Do you have any big weekend plans?


Anyway, enough about Saturday - it's TOP 5 FRIDAY! Here are some of my favorites from the past week:

1. Sometimes my life to-do list is outrageous. Why do we all put so much pressure on ourselves to be perfect in everything that we do? And then why do we give ourselves so much to do perfectly? This is an excellent post about Narrowing Priorities. Let's keep it simple.

2. I just discovered Today's Letters yesterday. (That sounds confusing.) It's my new favorite blog. And I loved them more when they posted about a bird flash mob. Ok, that's not really what it was, but watch it. It's pretty fantastic.

3. This is a really excellent post about Unconditional vs. Conditional Love. I mean, when was the last time you stopped and thought about that? I don't think we think about love enough. Why? Because "love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real." [Note: I like this whole blog a lot - this is the post that first caught my attention.]

4. I'm already drinking my double tall nonfat eggnog lattes. What's that mean? CHRISTMASTIME IS HERE. That means time for crazy & holiday to-do lists. And I'm not just talking gift buying and travel plans... I'm talking wearing scarves, holiday movie watching, nog drinking, decorating. Let's get on top of it, peeps.

5. This chick quit sugar. QUIT SUGAR. I thought about it for five seconds. I'm not that strong.

Hey, look! I kept it at five! Crazy.

So, tell me what you think. And listen to this version of Tupelo Honey. And find me on Pinterest & pin with me!

No comments: