Sunday, February 03, 2008

no one loves me like you

My life is good. And it is meaningful. And it is stressful, at times, but this is what I'm supposed to be doing right now.

I have to remind myself of that. That this is His plan. His plan to prosper me and take care of me and to give me the ability to lift up others and to glorify His name.

And sometimes, there is the part of me that gets upset. I just want to be in Columbia. I just want to be near Matt. I just want to be able to afford to live where I want and do what I want and travel where I want. But that's all what I want. Not what He wants.

And I've learned that Columbia isn't going anywhere. Those people still get excited to see me and invite me back in. Matt isn't going anywhere... yet. And he still loves me in spite of myself. And I am living where I need to be living and I can do what I want and travel where I want within reason of a normal human being - even more if you count how often I up and drive to Columbia.

My life isn't lacking anything. It's arranged in a slightly different order, but it isn't lacking anything.

And a friend once told me something that describes exactly how I feel too: "I love you and miss you and wish we all could live in a commune that provided for every one of our individual needs so we would never have to be apart from each other... But I guess, in all actuality, that's what Christ is, so now I'm just wanting to be a beggar and a chooser. "

[This picture is from simplyphoto as part of a collaboration. Read on.]

No comments: